email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Ohio Car Showrooms & Dealerships (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Cheviot Buick Co. [gone]
Cincinnati, OH
The Cheviot Buick Co. showroom was built in the early 1900s. I don't know when the white building was constructed or what its original use was. These photos are from 2005. By 2014, the showroom had been demolished. The white building was still there. [first three photos thanks George Feinthel] [map]

DiNovo Building
Steubenville, OH
Cleveland Cadillac Building [gone]
Cleveland, OH
The DiNovo Building opened in this building in 1923. The company sold a variety of defunct brands. From 1932-2008, DiNovo sold Chryslers here. This photo is from 2012. [map]

The Cleveland Cadillac Building, aka the Corlett Building, was built in 1914. It was designed by Knox & Elliott. From 1925-1965, it was home to Downtown Chevrolet. The building was being demolished when these photos were taken in 2009. Some of the building's details were saved and may be displayed on the property in the future. For more, see this website.

former Chevrolet showroom
Elyria, OH
Miller-Van Horn Ford
Columbus, OH
This former Chevrolet showroom was vacant in 2009. [map]

This Miller-Van Horn Ford showroom was built in 1919. The front part of the building was used as a showroom and the rear was a repair garage. In later years, it housed a Dodge dealership. In 1985, the building was converted into architectural offices. The building houses the Karlsberger Companies when these photos were taken in 2009. The building became vacant in 2011. Since 2015, the building has housed CrossChx, a health care software company. For more, see this website. [map]

Hubbard Grille
Columbus, OH
The Hubbard Grille previously housed Winders' Chevrolet. This building was constructed in 1924 for the Winders Motor Sales Company. The 20 foot tall Hubbard Grille sign replicates the shape of the original Winders' sign. Before the renovation, the building looked like this. [map]

McClure-Nesbitt Motor Co.
Columbus, OH
The McClure-Nesbitt Motor Co. building was built in the late 1920s. In the 1930s, the company was selling Chevrolet automobiles. By the late 1940s, the dealership was selling Chrysler and Plymouth cars at this location and another one on East Broad St. [map]

America's Packard Museum
Dayton, OH
America's Packard Museum is located in a former Packard showroom which was built in 1917. The dealership was known as the Citizens Motorcar Company. The museum opened here in 1993. There are more than 50 restored Packards on display. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Borchers Ford
Dayton, OH
This building was built around 1928. It is believed to have originally been used as a car dealership. Borchers Ford was established around 1908 at a different location. It was one of the first Ford dealers in the country. The company moved to this location around 1953. Borchers Ford closed around 1978. [map]

OH
page 2
Car Showrooms
Main Page