email: roadarch@outlook.com

California Car Showrooms & Dealerships (page 7)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Niles Buick
Santa Rosa, CA
2008: 2016:
This showroom was built in 1939 for Niles Buick. Sonnen Motorcars occupied this building in 2008. Since at least 2011, the building has housed Dibble's Auto Center. For more, see this postcard. [postcard scan thanks Alden Jewell] [map]

former dealership
Santa Rosa, CA
Jansen Motor Co.
Santa Rosa, CA
This former dealership building is located next door to the Niles Buick building described above. It was constructed in 1946. The Barnett Motor Co. may have been the original occupant. The building housed Chrysler-Plymouth and Dodge-Plymouth dealers. It later housed Santa Rosa Chrysler Jeep. The current occupant is GS Tuning. [map]

Jansen Motor Co. occupied this building from 1950-1959. They sold Chrysler and Plymouth automobiles, adding other makes over the years. The building appears to be from the 1940s, so, Jansen might not have been the first occupant. Later dealers included Chet Dickson, Chiaroni Dodge and Santa Rosa Dodge which closed in 1990. In 2008, the building was renovated. It is now used as office space for AMR/Sonoma Life Support. For more, see this website. [map]

Casa de Cadillac
Sherman Oaks, CA
The Casa de Cadillac showroom was designed by Randall Duell. It housed Don Lee Cadillac when it was built in 1949. The name was changed and the signs were changed by 1959 and probably earlier than that. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

former showroom
Stockton, CA
2008: 2014:
This former Stockton showroom was built in 1953 for the Crown Motor Company. In the late 1970s, Stockton Datsun was here. I believe this building housed a car dealership until the late 1980s. In recent years, it housed King Tire & Wheel. The building has been vacant since at least 2008. [map]

former Delta Pontiac
Stockton, CA
Delta Pontiac operated out of this building from 1964-1980. The building was built in 1950 for Elder Pontiac. The building now houses Bruce & Jack Auto Service. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Sturgeon & Beck
Tulare, CA
Sturgeon & Beck was established in 1926 as a General Motors dealership. This building appears to be from the 1940s. The dealership now sells GMC and Buick cars. For more, see this website. [map]

Ukiah Showrooms:
Dodge Trucks

former Buick showroom
Vallejo, CA
This former Buick showroom was built in 1948 for H.L. Freudenberg & Son. There is a Rotary sphere on one side of the building and a Masonic sign on the other. Herman Freudenberg was a member of the Rotary Club and a Mason. The building has housed North Bay Cabinets since 1994. [map]

Crestview Cadillac [gone]
West Covina, CA
This Crestview Cadillac showroom was built in 1962. A Cadillac emblem sign once hung in the tower. By 2013, this building had been rebuilt and the tower was removed. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

CA
page 1
CA
page 2
CA
page 3
CA
page 4
CA
page 5
CA
page 6
Long Beach, CA Pasadena, CA San Francisco, CA

Car Showrooms
Main Page