email: roadarch@outlook.com

Houston Mid-Century Modern Office Buildings (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Phoenix Insurance Co. of Hartford
Houston, TX
The Phoenix Insurance Co. of Hartford was designed by Neuhaus & Taylor and built in 1961. The building is now known as the Salvatore Grasso Professional Building. [map]

Jefferson Chemical Building
Houston, TX
The Jefferson Chemical Building was designed by Neuhaus & Taylor and built in 1965. [map]

Bellfort Square Office Building
Houston, TX
The Bellfort Square Office Building was designed by Arthur D. Steinberg and built in 1966. The building's current main occupant is the Academy of Accelerated Learning. [map]

National Steel Products Company
Houston, TX
Valley Towers
Houston, TX
The National Steel Products Company quonset hut style building was built in 1950. The building now houses ERCO (Electric Wire & Cable Co.). [map]

The Valley Towers office building was built in 1969. The building has been vacant for many years. For more, see this website. [map]

Houston Barge Line, Inc.
Houston, TX
The Houston Barge Line, Inc. building was built in 1970. [map]

Brodnax Architects Building
Houston, TX
Texas Employment Commission
Houston, TX
The Brodnax Architects Building was built in 1960. The building appeared to be vacant in 2018 when this photo was taken. [map]

The Texas Employment Commission was built in 1961. The building now houses the San Jacinto Medical Center. [map]

former Southwestern Bell Telephone Co.
Houston, TX
The former Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. was built as a temporary switching station. It was designed by Herb Greene when he worked for Joseph Krakower. It was built in 1958 and now houses the ICC Cosmetology School. [map]

More Houston Mid-Century Modern Office Buildings:
Coca-Cola