email: roadarch@outlook.com

Houston Mid-Century Modern Churches (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Central Presbyterian
Church [gone]
Houston, TX
The Central Presbyterian Church was built from 1960-1962. This photo is from 2011. The congregation moved and the building was demolished in 2011. For more, see this website.

First Church of Christ, Scientist
Houston, TX
The First Church of Christ, Scientist was designed by Milton Foy Martin and built in 1961. In 2016, the building was transformed into the Spire nightclub. I don't believe any of the original interior is left. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Meadowbrook Baptist Church
Houston, TX
Servants of Christ United Methodist Parish
Houston, TX
This part of the Meadowbrook Baptist Church was built in the late 1960s. [map]

The Servants of Christ United Methodist Parish was built as the Park Place Methodist Church. It appears to be from the 1960s. [map]

Park Place Baptist Church
Houston, TX
The Park Place Baptist Church was designed by Ben F. Greenwood and E. Gene Hines. It built in 1961. In 2002, the church sold the property to the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. For more, see this website. [map]

Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church
Houston, TX
The Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church was designed by MacKie & Kamrath and built in 1972. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Episcopal Church of the Epiphany
Houston, TX
The Episcopal Church of the Epiphany was designed by Clovis Heimsath Associates and built in 1973. [map]

Congregation Beth Israel
Houston, TX
The Congregation Beth Israel was built in 1967. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

First Baptist Church of Spring Branch
Houston, TX
The First Baptist Church of Spring Branch was designed by Ralph Buffington. It was built in 1957. The church is now named Iglesia Cristiana Amor y Restauracion. [map]

First Christian Church
Houston, TX
The First Christian Church was designed by Hamilton Brown. It was built in 1959 as the Disciples of Christ Christian Church. [map]