email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

California Mid-Century Modern Churches (page 5)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

St. Michael & All Angels Church
Isla Vista, CA
The St. Michael & All Angels Church was built in 1962. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

St. Mark's University Parish
Isla Vista, CA
St. Mark's University Parish was built in 1966. [map]

Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church
Ventura, CA
The Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church was built in 1953. [map]

Congregation B'nai Jacob
Bakersfield, CA
First Christian Church
Bakersfield, CA
The Congregation B'nai Jacob was built in 1954. [map]

The First Christian Church was built in 1955. [map]

Alhambra Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Alhambra, CA
The Alhambra Seventh-Day Adventist Church was built in 1961. [map]

Ceres Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Ceres, CA
The Ceres Seventh-Day Adventist Church has the same style perforated screen as the church in Alhambra above. I assume it was also built in the early 1960s and may have shared the same architect. [map]

St. Catherine's Academy
Anaheim, CA
St. Catherine's Academy is a private, Catholic military school for boys. The main building was built around 1959. For more, see this website. [map]

Corpus Christi Church
Pacific Palisades, CA
The Corpus Christi Church was built in 1964. It was designed by Albert C. Martin & Associates. [map]

Mt. Olive Lutheran Church
Santa Monica, CA
Mt. Olive Lutheran Church was built in 1962. [map]

St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church
Studio City, CA
The St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church was designed by Jones & Emmons and built in 1962. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Carlsbad Community Church
Carlsbad, CA
The Carlsbad Community Church was dedicated in 1967. It appears to share the same design as the church shown directly above in Studio City. [map]

St. Michael's by the Sea Catholic Church
Carlsbad, CA
The St. Michael's by the Sea Catholic Church was designed by Albert Frey & Robson Chambers. It was dedicated in 1959. [map]