email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Michigan Drive-ins (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Mikey's Drive-in
Bridgman, MI
Mikey's Drive-in looks like it's been here since at least the 1960s. [map]

former Daly Drive-in
Dearborn Heights, MI

2006:

2011:

Daly Drive-in (now Daly Restaurant)
Livonia, MI

former Daly Drive-in [gone]
Westland, MI
The first Daly Drive-in opened in 1948 in Dearborn Heights. It was known briefly as Bill's Drive-in. The restaurant moved to the location shown above in 1963 and operated until 2003. In 2006, it reopened as Beech Daly Drive-In. In 2010, it became the Heights Drive-in and then Lenny's Restaurant. The sign has been repainted with each name change. The original canopy and building also remain. [map]

There were 17 other Daly Drive-ins built in the Detroit area. The Livonia location opened in 1959 and is the only survivor. It is now known as the Daly restaurant. The original sign is gone but the canopy remains behind the building and is still used for car hop service. [map]

The Westland Daly Drive-in operated from 1956-2003. The photo above was taken in 2005. The sign was already gone then. By 2006, the canopy was also destroyed.

For more, see this website.

Lutz's Drive-in
Dowagiac, MI
Lutz's Drive-in was built in 1962. For more, see this website. [map]

Hi-Lite Cruz-in
Marshall, MI
The Hi-Lite Cruz-in looks like its been since the 1960s or earlier. This drive-in has homemade root beer and car hops. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Monroe's Original Hot Dog Drive In
Monroe, MI
Monroe's Original Hot Dog Drive In opened in the mid-1930s as an A&W. In 1969, it became Del's Drive-in. In 1976, new owners changed the name to Monroe's Original. The stand still has car hops. For more, see this website. [map]

Michingan
Drive-ins (page 2)
Michigan
Burgers
Michigan
Ice Cream
Michigan
Misc.

Eateries Main Page