|Illinois Ice Cream|
(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)
|Original Rainbow Cone
The Original Rainbow Cone opened here in 1926. Their five-flavor Rainbow Cone features chocolate, pistachio, strawberry and Palmer House (a cherry-nut blend) ice cream, as well as a layer of orange sherbet. They also sell other ice cream concoctions and sandwiches. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.
Alice's Place opened in 1958 as a Dairy Joy. It became Alice's Place in 1993.
|Union Dairy Building
|The Union Dairy Building now houses the Alber Ice Cream Parlor. The Union Dairy was founded in 1914 and began producing ice cream in 1934. This ice cream parlor must have been built at that time or shortly thereafter. For more, see this website.|
|Polar Bear Drive-in
North Riverside, IL
The Taylor-Maid Drive-in has been vacant since at least 2008. These signs remain.
The Polar Bear Drive-in opened in 1948.
Ice Cream Chalet
Oak Forest, IL
The Dairy Haven opened in the 1950s.
The Jack Frost Ice Cream Chalet opened in 1976.
|The Dari Fair appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s.|
|The Dari has been here since at least the 1960s.|
|IL Drive-ins||IL Misc.||Main Eateries Page|