email: roadarch@outlook.com

Hot Dog Restaurants (page 2)

Original Kasper's Hot Dogs
Telegraph Ave.
Oakland, CA
Kasper's Hot Dogs
MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA
The Original Kasper's Hot Dogs on Telegraph Ave. opened in 1929. It was named after the owner, Kasper Koojoolian. The stand closed in 2003 and the building has been vacant since then. The sign has been defaced on both sides with graffiti. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The Kasper's Hot Dogs on Macarthur Blvd. was opened in 1961 by Kasper Koojoolian's nephew. [map]

Caspers Famous Hot Dogs
Hayward, CA

Caspers Famous Hot Dogs
Richmond, CA

Caspers Famous Hot Dogs
Oakland, CA
Caspers Famous Hot Dogs
Albany, CA

Caspers Famous Hot Dogs
Hayward, CA

Caspers Famous Hot Dogs
Dublin, CA
former Caspers Famous Hot Dogs
San Pablo, CA

Caspers Famous Hot Dogs
Pleasant Hill, CA
The Caspers Famous Hot Dogs chain was started by two cousins of the owner of Kasper's Hot Dogs described above. The first Caspers stand opened in Oakland in 1939. There are now eight locations in the Bay Area. The first Hayward location shown in the photos above opened in 1948. It appears to be the oldest survivor. The location in Richmond was probably built around the same time since it seems to have shared the same design before being remodeled. The other Hayward location was built in 1968. The location in San Pablo now houses the Alba Restaurant. The Caspers signs were built by Ad Art. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

[Hayward map]
[Richmond map]
[Oakland map]
[Albany map]
[Hayward map]
[Dublin map]
[San Pablo map]
[Pleasant Hill map]

More Hot Dog Stands:
Bill's Hot Dog Stand (Burbank, CA) [vintage; gone]
Parky's Hot Dogs (Forest Park, IL)
Callahan's (Fort Lee, NJ)

Hot Dog Stands
page 1
Eateries Main Page