email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Pennsylvania Drive-ins

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Mahoning Drive-in
Lehighton, PA
Circle Drive-in
Dickson City, PA
Point Drive-in
Northumberland, PA
The Mahoning Drive-in opened in 1948. For more, see this website. [map]

The Circle Drive-in opened in 1949. The time and temperature addition was added to the sign in 1980. The drive-in is still a single-screen with double features and a flea market. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The Point Drive-in opened as the Arrow Drive-in in 1954. In 1958, it was renamed the Point Drive-in. It is still operating. For more, see this website. [map]

Kane Road Drive-in [gone]
Aliquippa, PA
Deer Lake Drive-in [gone]
Orwigsburg, PA

The Kane Road Drive-in opened in 1954. The screen tower had office space within it (note the windows). This single-location had a playground and also doubled as a flea market. In 2012, the property was put up for sale. The drive-in closed in 2013. The screen tower was demolished in 2015. For more, see this website.

The Deer Lake Drive-in was built in the 1950s and has been closed since 1996. In 2005, it was announced that the 61-acre site would become residential housing. The sign was put up for sale at eBay but it was still there in 2007. By 2008, the screen and sign were gone. For more, see this website.

Garden Drive-in
Hunlock Creek, PA
Reynolds Drive-in
Transfer, PA
Kirsch's Corry Drive-in
Corry, PA

The Garden Drive-in opened in 1952 and is still in operation. For more, see this website. [map]

Reynolds Drive-in opened in the late 1950s. It closed in 2014. For more, see this website. [map]

The Kirsch's Corry Drive-in features a great old screen tower. The drive-in closed in 2011. For more, see this website. [map]

Auto Drive-in
Titusville, PA
Hi-Way Drive-in [gone]
Latrobe, PA

The Auto Drive-in closed in the late 1970s or early 1980s. The screen tower might still serve a residential function. [map]

The Hi-Way Drive-in opened in 1948. This photo is from 2010. In 2011, the drive-in closed. By 2013, the sign was gone and a CVS drug store had been built on the property. For more, see this website.

Twin Hi-Way Drive-in
McKees Rocks, PA