email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Oklahoma Drive-ins

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Beacon Drive-in
Guthrie, OK
The Beacon Drive-in opened in 1950. The "Beacon" lettering disappeared from the screentower sometime between 2006 and 2011 when these photos were taken. The ticket booth was also either refurbished or replaced. For more, see this website.

Admiral Twin Drive-in
Tulsa, OK
Chief Drive-in
Chickasha, OK
The Admiral Twin Drive-in opened in 1951 as the Modern Aire with a single screen. In 1952, a second screen was added and the name was changed. This unusual original screentower was double-sided. In 2010, it was destroyed in a fire. The screentower was rebuilt and the drive-in reopened in 2012. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3.

The Chief Drive-in was built in 1949 and is still in operation. It is open on weekends, year-round. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

Winchester Drive-in
Oklahoma City, OK
The Winchester Drive-in opened in 1968 and is still operating as a single screen. This neon sign has been here since the beginning. It features a 35 foot tall cowboy holding a Winchester rifle. As far as anyone knows, he was not modeled after anyone. The sign's paint and six neon colors are original. The cowboy's arm still waves in five-part animation. In 2010, the sign was damaged by hail and the neon was replaced. The ticket booth at this drive-in is also decorated with neon. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3.