email: roadarch@outlook.com

New Hampshire Diners (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Diner 317
Plaistow, NH
Diner 317 was housed in a Mountain View (#317) from 1951. It was originally known as Pent's Diner and located in North Reading, MA. When it was moved here, it was known as Eggie's Diner. In 2010, it was renamed Diner 317. This photo is from 2011. Later that year, the diner reopened as Betty-Ann's Diner and was painted pink. Still later in 2011, the diner was renamed Hope's Diner. It has been closed since 2014. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Main Street Station
Plymouth, NH
Gilley's PM Lunch
mouth, NH
The Main Street Station is a Worcester Streamliner (#793) from 1946. It was originally known as Fracher's Diner (the name still on its side). By the early 1980s, it was known as B.J's Diner. Later, it was known as the Trolley Car Restaurant. At one point, the diner was encased in brick but that was removed. [map]

Gilley's PM Lunch was known as the White House Cafe when it was traveled the streets of Fall River, MA. This lunch cart was built in 1939 by the Worcester Diner Co. It was permanently installed here in 1974. The interior still has the original oak, porcelain trim and fixtures. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Portsmouth:
Me & Ollie's Bakery

Hometown Diner
Ottawa, OH (now in Rindge, NH)
The Hometown Diner is housed in a Silk City from 1949. It operated as the Silver Diner in London, KY from the 1970s until 2007. It was then purchased and restored by Steve Harwin of Diversified Diners. The diner was being installed in Ottawa, OH when these photos were taken in 2010. It opened later that year. By 2012, the diner had closed. In 2013, it was moved to Rindge, NH. It is still known as the Hometown Diner. For more, see this website.

Plain Jane's Diner
Rumney, NH
The Plain Jane's Diner is an O'Mahony from 1954. It was originally known as Bell's Pond Diner and located in New York. It was moved here in 1990 and was known as Glory Jean's Diner. It became Plain Jane's in 2001. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Miss Wakefield Diner
Sanbornville, NH
The Miss Wakefield Diner is an O'Mahony 1949. This diner was originally located in East Greenbush, NY where it was known as Pat and Bob's Diner. It operated there until 1968 and ended up in a junkyard. In 1992, it was purchased, restored and moved to Sanbornville. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Tilt'n Diner
Tilton, NH
The Tilt'n Diner is an O'Mahony from 1953. It was originally located in Waltham, MA where it was known as the Monarch Diner. It was moved to Salisbury, MA around 1970 where it was known as Linda's Jackpot Diner (early 1980s) and the Lafayette Diner (late 1980s). The diner closed around 1987. It was restored and opened here in 1992 with a larger building behind it that serves as kitchen and dining room. The interior is "nostalgic" with Elvis, 45-rpm records, and other 1950s signifying memorabilia. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Four Aces Diner
West Lebanon, NH
The Four Aces Diner is a Worcester (#837) from 1952. It was originally located downtown and moved to this bigger building where it is now enclosed on three sides. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Mt. Pisgah Diner
Winchester, NH
The Mt. Pisgah Diner is a Worcester (#769) from 1941. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

NH (page 1) Diners Main Page