email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Ohio Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

North High School
Akron, OH
North High School was built from 1931-1955. In addition to these Art Deco details, there are later Moderne features as well. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Guggenheim Airship Institute
Akron, OH
The Guggenheim Airship Institute was operated by the Municipal University of Akron from 1929-1949. The building has been abandoned for many years and is now used around Halloween as the Haunted Laboratory. On the backside of the building which is pretty much inaccessible, a giant angel holds an airship (blimp). [map]

Akron-Fulton Airport Terminal Building
Akron, OH
The Akron-Fulton Airport Terminal Building was designed by Michel M. Konarski and completed in 1931. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building now houses Theken Surgical, a medical company. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Whiskey Island Coast Guard Station
Cleveland, OH
The Whiskey Island Coast Guard Station was built in 1940. It has been abandoned since 1976 except for a brief stint as a nightclub known as The Island. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Restoration work was begun in 2009. It will be used as a maritime and Coast Guard museum. [map]

Sears, Roebuck & Co.
Cleveland, OH
This building was probably built as a Sears, Roebuck & Co. department store. It appeared to be vacant when these photos were taken in 2012. [map]

Cleveland, OH:
First Catholic Slovak Union

Ohio
(page 2)
Ohio
(page 3)
Cincinnati Art Deco Buildings
Main Page