email: roadarch@outlook.com

New Mexico Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Indian Hospital
Albuquerque, NM
The Indian Hospital was designed by Hans Stamm and completed in 1934. It was originally used as a tuberculosis sanatorium. A parking structure was added in the 1980s which conceals the original entrance. The building now houses the Albuquerque Indian Health Center (AIHC). For more, see this website. [map]

Valliant Printing
Albuquerque, NM
Valliant Printing has been here since 1918. The facade appears to have been remodeled in the 1930s or 1940s. [map]

Excelsior Laundry Building
Albuquerque, NM
The Excelsior Laundry Building was probably built in the 1940s. It now houses AmeriPride Linen & Apparel. [map]

J. A. Skinner Building
Albuquerque, NM
The J. A. Skinner Building was built in 1931. It originally housed a grocery store owned by Skinner. The facade features white terra cotta tile. The building now houses the Villa Di Capo Ristorante Italiano. The canopy is a modern, and unfortunate, addition. For more, see this website. [map]

Nob Hill Business Center
Albuquerque, NM
The Nob Hill Business Center was designed by Louis G. Hesselden and built from 1946-1947. It was Albuquerque's first shopping center. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Sutton's Bakery
Clovis, NM
Sutton's Bakery opened in 1946 and this facade appears to be from then. The first photo above is from 2008. The bakery closed in 2011. The second photo is from 2012. The building was still vacant in 2013. [map]

Dr. P.E. Hale Office Building
Clovis, NM
The Dr. P.E. Hale Office Building now houses the law firm of Doerr & Knudson. It was built sometime between 1935 and 1940. [map]

Roosevelt County Courthouse
Portales, NM
The Roosevelt County Courthouse was designed Robert E. Merrell and built in 1938. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. [map]

Raton Fire Department
Raton, NM
The Raton Fire Department building appears to be from the 1930s or 1940s. [map]

Raton:
Courthouse

Art Deco Buildings
Main Page