email: roadarch@outlook.com

Illinois Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Campana Building
Batavia, IL
The Campana Building was constructed in 1937. The tower contained a 45,000 gallon water tank. The Campana Company produced "Campana Balm", a hand lotion, and other cosmetics for women. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There has been talk of converting the building to retail use. However, the building has remained vacant for years. In 2009, it was used as a Haunted House. For more, see this website. [map]

Belvidere:
Community Building

Bloomington:
Holy Trinity Church

Illinois National Guard Building
Cairo, IL
This Illinois National Guard Building was built in 1932. [map]

Independent Order of Odd Fellows Meeting Hall
Centralia, IL
This Independent Order of Odd Fellows Meeting Hall was built around 1932. The terra cotta details probably continued to the ground floor originally. For more, see this website. [map]

Decatur:
House

Du Quoin State Fair
Du Quoin, IL
The Du Quoin State Fair was founded in 1923. The main entrance shown here was built in 1948. It features twin gate houses. A metal arch with the words "World Trotting Derby" connects them. It previously read "Hambletonian". For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Illinois (page 2) Illinois (page 3) Chicago Art Deco Buildings
Main Page