email: roadarch@outlook.com

Los Angeles Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

North Hollywood Masonic Temple
Los Angeles, CA
The North Hollywood Masonic Temple was designed by Robert B. Stacy-Judd in 1949. It was completed in 1951. These photos are from 2014. In 2015, the "Masonic Temple" sign was removed and the building was painted white. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Shane Building
Los Angeles, CA
The Shane Building was built in 1930. It was designed by S. Tilden Norton and F.H. Wallis. The building originally housed the Directors Guild of America. [map]

Producers Film Center
Los Angeles, CA
Sunset Tower Hotel
Los Angeles, CA
The Producers Film Center building originally housed Good Humor. It was designed by Hamm, Grant & Bruner and built in 1930. [map]

The Sunset Tower Hotel was designed by Leland A. Bryant and built in 1929. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Hollywood American Legion Post 43 Clubhouse
Los Angeles, CA
The Hollywood American Legion Post 43 Clubhouse was built from 1928-1929. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Hollywood Bowl
Los Angeles, CA
The Hollywood Bowl bandshell was built in 1929. The bandshell that is there today is actually a replacement built in 2003. It is used primarily for musical performances. The second row of photos above shows the sculptures at the entrance known as the Muse Fountain. They were carved by George Stanley from 1938-1940. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

James Oviatt Building
Los Angeles, CA
The James Oviatt Building was designed by Walker & Eisen and built from 1927-1928. The ground floor housed the Alexander & Oviatt clothing store. The building features elaborates details, including extensive use of French marble and Lalique glass. The store closed around 1967. It was then restored around 1977. The Cicada Restaurant has occupied the ground floor since 1997. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Sun Realty Company Building
Los Angeles, CA
The Sun Realty Company Building was designed by Claud Beelman and built in 1930. It is faced with green terracotta tiles. The building now houses the Los Angeles Jewelry Center. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]