email: roadarch@outlook.com

Giant Fish (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Big Fish Supper Club
Bena, MN

2001:

2011:
The Big Fish Supper Club originally housed a hamburger stand. The muskie-shaped building was built in 1958 by Wayne Kumpla. It was originally known as the Big Muskie Drive-In. The building is 65 feet long and 14 feet tall. The body was built on a wooden frame and covered with roofing material. Coca-Cola signs were used as the fish's eyes. Customers entered the restaurant through the fish's mouth. There was also a take-out window. In 1963, the restaurant was converted into a souvenir shop and a conventional building was added next door to serve as the restaurant. For many years, the fish was used for storage. The fish's teeth were stolen a few times so they were removed during the off-season. In 2009, the Big Fish was restored. It reopened in 2010. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Giant Muskie
Deer River, MN
This Giant Muskie statue in Deer River was built in the 1950s for a bait shop. The city now owns the statue. [map]

Giant Tiger Muskie
Nevis, MN
This Tiger Muskie statue was built in 1950 with wood and concrete. At 30 1/2 foot long, it is believed to be the World's Largest Tiger Muskie. In 1991, the fish was repainted and a roof was built to protect it. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Giant Muskie
Gananoque, ON
This Giant Muskie is made of concrete and was produced by John Boxtel. This statue was created in recognition of Gananoque as the site of the largest muskie ever caught, which at that time was about 40 pounds. [map]

North Country Taxidermy
Hazelhurst, WI
North Country Taxidermy features fiberglass bass and muskie statues. They have been here since at least 2007. There is also a wood-carved Deer with Rifle statue here. [map]

More Fish
(page 2)
More Fish
(page 3)
More Fish
(page 4)
More Fish
(page 5)
More Fish
(page 6)
Catfish
Giant Animals Main Page