|Connecticut Carousels (page 1)|
(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)
|Carousel at Bushnell Park|
The Bushnell Park Carousel is managed by the New England Carousel Museum. The carousel was created in 1914 by Solomon Stein and Harry Goldstein of Brooklyn, NY. The carousel operated in Albany, NY from 1914 to 1940. In 1974, it was rescued from the Meyers Lake Amusement Park in Canton, OH and brought to Hartford.
The carousel is a three-row machine with 36 jumper horses, 12 stander horses, 2 chariots and a Wurlitzer 153 band organ. Stein and Goldstein horses are known for their wide-eyed expressions, pinned-back ears, and flaring nostrils. The decorative elements include large buckles, cabbage roses and fish scale patternings. The carousel was restored in 1980 and again in 1989.
|CT (page 2)||CT (page 3)||CT (page 4)|
|Main Carousels Page|